Friday, December 12, 2008

"Lord, why?"

by Noreen Malcolm

I received a phone call from one of my friends yesterday. And I was quite disappointed to hear the news my friend had just delivered.

“What is going on?” I thought out loud. “Lord, why?”

A few tear drops began to trickle down my eyes. And I questioned myself almost to the point of exhaustion.

So, it is when we experience disappointments in life, right? We become perplexed. We worry. We cry. We call on the name of God with much anxiety.

Little do we know that all disappointing experiences which come our way are to shape our characters. In fact, James 1:3, states that, “because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.”

Therefore, let us be encouraged in the Lord. Let us put our confidence in Him. With God, all things will work together for your good!


Courtesy of http://www.pahsion.com/

No comments: